AYAHUASCA PURPLE™ Feminised Cannabis Seeds from the official website of BARNEYS FARM�. International shipping available and seeds for free with every order! Purple cannabis strains are some of the most beautiful you can grow. With vivid purple colours on the buds and leaves, the bag appeal is simply unmatched. Do you like purple buds? ✨ Then don't miss this section ✅ We have the best purple genetics selected for you.
The Farm received a gift of these Red River Delta seeds some years ago. When grown out these incredibly beautiful purple and ruby red plants were a revelation. We then crossed it with our Master Kush and created the perfect strain.
The wide fan leaves and short heavyset structure carry colossal dense buds that will need support in the final week of flowering. This strain has a rich hazelnut and papaya aroma and creates a heavenly relaxing and satisfying effect.
Ayahuasca Purple cannabis seeds are sold strictly for souvenirs, storage and genetic preservation.
AYAHUASCA PURPLE™ Cannabis Seeds Strain Specifications
AYAHUASCA PURPLE™ Cannabis Seeds Lab Report
Exclusive access for adults only
Content for people of 18 years of age or older, entering barneysfarm.com is reserved for people at the age of majority. In the Netherlands, the age of majority is 18 years old, check your local laws and respect them. We dispatch our marijuana seeds with the reservation that they will not be used in conflict with national laws. Customers must be aware that cannabis seeds are illegal in some countries. Barneys Farm provides these seeds on condition that they will not be taken to countries where they are illegal. Those doing so are solely responsible for their own actions and Barney’s Farm accepts no responsibility in this regard. Our online store complies with Netherlands law. Seeds are sold strictly for souvenirs, storage and genetic preservation. General legal notice: Germination is illegal in most countries, please check your country’s law regarding seeds, paraphernalia and other products related with Cannabis culture.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get 10% OFF your next order
Purple Weed Seeds
Purple cannabis seeds remain popular with those growers who enjoy the added bag appeal of beautifully coloured purple/blue buds. For many growers purple weed seeds simply produce better looking buds. Some people also prefer the taste and aroma of purple weed. You can grow purple weed with feminised seeds and autoflower seeds. All our purple strains produce phenotypes with purple/blue or red hues in the buds, and some phenotypes will produce very dark colours. But some phenotypes will also be mainly green. Often, cooler temperatures in bloom can encourage the development of purple colours. We offer some of the best purple strains available today.
Super Skunk X Purple Star
Auto Blackberry Kush®
Blueberry X Dark hash-plant
CBD Auto Blackberry Kush®
CBD Charlotte’s Angel X Auto Blackberry Kush
Bubba Island Kush®
pre ‘98 Bubba Kush X (Grandaddy Purple x OG Kush)
Purple#1 X Skunk
Frisian Dew X DucksFoot
CBD Charlotte’s Angel®
Dutch Charlotte X Red Angel
Sweet Pink Grapefruit X Orange Bud
Original Strawberry Cough
1970’s Original Blueberry
Blueberry X Indica autoflower
Blue Auto Mazar®
Auto Blueberry X Auto Mazar
CBD Auto Charlotte’s Angel®
CBD Charlotte’s Angel X CBD Auto Compassion Lime
What are purple weed strains seeds?
Purple weed strains are those which have been selectively bred to produce varieties that tend to show beautiful purple colours in the buds and on the leaves. The right environmental/grow room conditions can also be adapted (e.g. cool temperatures in bloom) to encourage the purple/blue colours.
Buy purple weed strains seeds online
If you’re looking to grow some cannabis seeds which will give rise to purple cannabis plants then you can choose from autoflowering cannabis seeds, photo dependent feminised seeds or photo dependent regular seeds. You can buy purple cannabis seeds online and grow them under the normal indoor/outdoor conditions. Some growers strongly prefer the unusual, eye-catching purple hues produced by these plants.
Best feminised purple cannabis seeds
Feminised cannabis seeds are a proven and reliable way to grow great quality purple cannabis strains. You can define the length of the vegetative growth period to produce plants of the right size for your grow room and you can take cuttings (clones) of the best purple weed plants.
Bubba Island Kush
Bubba Island Kush seeds often grow with dark leaves and buds. This indica strain is part of the USA special seed collection. Often noted for her dark grey appearance, she is also prone to some special displays of purple.
Frisian Dew is part of the Dutch Outdoor cannabis seed collection. She is one of the best selling outdoor seeds, tough enough to grow as far north as northern England/Denmark. She produces both green and purple phenotypes and is one of the toughest outdoor strains in the Dutch Passion seed collection.
Frisian Duck is our top recommendation for anyone needing a stealth outdoor strain. The leaves have a stabilised webbed leaf structure – very difficult to identify as cannabis especially in vegetative growth. Aroma is also light. Cool conditions encourage the growth of purple plants.
Best autoflower purple cannabis seeds
Autoflower seeds are perhaps the fastest, easiest and most convenient way to grow purple weed. They can be ready to harvest in as little as 8-9 weeks after germination.
Auto Blackberry Kush
Auto Blackberry Kush is one of the best autoflowering cannabis seeds for purple weed lovers. She can take as little as 9 weeks from seed to harvest and the plants are particularly prone to some remarkably vivid purple colours.
CBD Auto Blackberry Kush
CBD lovers that appreciate purple weed strains look no further! CBD Auto Blackberry Kush packs up to 15% CBD in the dry buds with THC levels usually well below 1%. That means you can’t get high from this strain, but you can see some great purple buds!
Perhaps the fastest purple weed strain you can grow. Auto Blueberry can be ready to harvest in as little as 8 weeks after autoflower seed germination. She often produces buds with purple and blue shades in the buds and combines this with a smooth, powerful connoisseur quality high.
Best regular purple cannabis seeds
Regular cannabis seeds give rise to approximately equal numbers of male and female seeds. Perfect for old school growers or those wanting to make their own purple weed crosses and hybrids.
Outdoor growers wanting regular cannabis seeds that can produce purple blooms can enjoy growing the cannabis cup winning Shaman seeds. Her parent genetics include Purple #1 so you can expect some purple phenotypes from these robust, tough outdoor seeds.
The legendary, multiple prize winning Blueberry needs few introductions. She has a powerfully pleasurable, long lasting high. The resin crusted buds have a sweet fruity taste/aroma and often come with pretty purple and blue hues in the buds.
Purple #1 is a perfect seed choice for the outdoor regular seed grower. These proven genetics have been best sellers with repeat growers since the 1980’s and as the name suggests, they often produce purple plants.
What causes cannabis plants to turn purple in color?
The dominant colour in cannabis is often the green-coloured chlorophyll pigment. But if the strain has reduced chlorophyll levels (for genetic or environmental reasons) then purple pigments can dominate the colour and appearance of the plant.
When does cannabis start turning purple?
Normally during bloom, especially when exposed to cooler conditions, you can see purple hues appearing on the leaves and buds
How hard it is to grow purple cannabis strains seeds?
It’s really very easy if you have some cannabis seeds which are genetically purple-leaning. Less experienced growers may find it easiest if using purple autoflower seeds such as Auto Blackberry Kush. This strain is fast, potent, purple and easy to grow!
How to increase the purple coloration of cannabis plants?
Many growers will aim to slowly introduce some cool temperatures to their plants during bloom. Do this steadily to avoid shocking the plant and stunting growth. Many growers aim to give their plants a few hours of ‘lights off’ temperatures near/around 15ºC (59ºF)
What to look for when growing purple weed strains?
Start with good quality cannabis seeds from a trustworthy supplier and try to maintain your plants in good health without over feeding or underfeeding. One of the best features of purple weed is the unbeatable bag appeal. The purple weed colours produce a fantastically attractive contrast with the thick frosting of white trichomes and orange pistils.
Purple weed has caught our attention since we first saw it, that happened to all of us. The strains that acquire shades of dark color can be for genetic or environmental reasons, or both at the same time. In this section we are going to compile the best purple cannabis strains in the world, both regular and feminized photodependent, autoflowering and rich in CBD. Do you want to take a look at them? Keep reading.
Who hasn’t heard of Purple Haze? And Purple Kush? Because purple cannabis strains have always been trendy, a color that is synonymous with quality and exclusivity. Within the Purple Kush genetics you can choose from many seed formats, landraces, regular, feminized, autoflowering and with high levels of CBD. I know it’s not easy to choose, since everybody doesn’t know these plants in depth, but don’t worry, this section is precisely for that, to see the differences between one and the other so you can choose in the best way, so take a good look.
Purple landrace plant seeds
Marijuana plants with purple flowers and leaves have always been there, since among the pure or landrace varieties there are a few. If you are a true puritan, preferring the pure genetic and the purple weed, here is a list of some of the best ones:
- Pakistan Chitral Kush: The best-selling pure purple strain nowadays. Very easy to cultivate, it is used to arid lands and little irrigation, so it is very strong. Recommended for inexperienced people because of its strength, to puritans because of its genetics, and to lovers of crosses because of its value for breeding. The effect of Mexican strains is unique, euphoric, joyful, motivational, antidepressant. In other words, a weed to enjoy good times with friends, to party, to laugh, etc. The taste is very pleasant, it is fast and its production is above the average of pure sativas. Another pure sativa, but this one is equatorial, that is to say, of those of effect without roof, stimulating, physically active, inspiring, and very psychoactive. As a breeding tool, it is a rough diamond, which has not been used practically to produce modern hybrids. The plants from Morocco can be considered hybrids, since they descend from the sativas but really behave like indicas. Like those from Pakistan or Afghanistan, Moroccans handle stress very well, making them ideal for beginners in growing.
Purple indica genetics in regular seed
If you prefer regular seeds, and you are thinking of cultivating purple cannabis plants, you are in luck my friend, because I have prepared a few commercial strains that are still offered in regular format, and stand out for their purple tones.
: A classic in the Dutch Passion catalogue, and one of the first 100% purple stable seeds on the Dutch market. It has Afghan blood, so it usually offers great yields without much care. If you want a plant of simple culture and high production, here it is. : It is probably the most famous colorful cannabis genetics in the world. In its DNA there are Thai and Mexican genes, so it is not entirely indica, but mostly it is, especially in the effect and its appearance. This plant must be cultivated at least once in a lifetime. : Crossing of Indicas created by Cannabiogen almost 20 years ago now. It is one of the few commercial varieties containing genetics from Morocco. The ease of cultivation, the relaxing effect, its great taste and good production are two of its best qualities. : This plant has everything you could ask for, fast, tasty, hard, and above all beautiful, a beauty. One of the muses of the great Subcool, sadly disappeared recently, so if you want to try this American jewel before they take it away you can book it now.
Regular purple sativa varieties
They are a rare occurrence within marijuana strains, but there are also commercial sativa genetics seeds, intense colors, and regular format. Below you can see 4 of the best examples in this category:
- Purple Bud: This Seedsman plant is supposedly related to the mythical California Purps, so you can imagine the quality of its genes. Very striking buds, with a great contrast between the dark flowers and the big white and shiny resin. : To date, the pure variety with the highest THC percentage found is Malawi. ACE Seeds’ breeders crossed it with another legendary and powerful sativa, the Purple Haze, and now you can test the results with these extraordinary regular seeds.
- Purple Apollo: Apollo 13 is a mythical genetics very difficult to find in the original version. But luckily Subcool used it to create many new crosses, they were even able to market the purple version of Apollo 13, with its best qualities, but in purple. : A THC bomb as its name says, too powerful perhaps, one of those that need more experience for its use than for growing. These seeds are also the fusion of 2 very productive plants, Big Bud and Pure Power Plant, a South African sativa.
Feminized purple indica weed seeds
If you’ve only been growing for a short time, have little room to grow, or just want to put in the right seeds, choose the feminized ones. With the females you won’t have to remove males, so you’ll only spend what you need. In this section you can see the best purple feminized seeds in the market.
: You will see it in the best clinics in the USA and Canada, because Purple Kush is synonymous with elite weed. Now you can also grow it with the best quality/price ratio on the market, thanks to the feminized version of PEV Bank Seeds.
- Purple Queen: Incredible combination of Indicas created by Royal Queen Seeds, Hindu Kush x Purple Afghan. Another special strain for inexperienced growers, because it can withstand anything. To some extent of course, don’t go peeing in the pot.
- Ayahuasca Purple: 100% indica, purple and feminized, but also productive and super fast, and why not say it, surprisingly original, because Barney’s has us used to more commercial varieties. Try this different weed and boast of exclusivity. : It is parental to Grandaddy Purple, who in turn is parental to current monsters like Purple Punch or Girl Scout Cookies among others. Dinafem brings it to us in a feminized version, so you no longer have any excuse not to cultivate this intense purple indica genetic line.
Purple sativa strains in a feminized version
Do you prefer sativas and you want it to be feminized and purple? Don’t be afraid, there’s everything from sativa hybrids to pure sativas. Here below I leave you a few marijuana strains that meet those requirements.
Predominantly sativa hybrid, huge potency, attractiveness, only suitable for alien level users. But it is not good only for its effect, it produces really well, both flowers and resin, its purple appearance is hypnotic, and the taste will hook you. Undoubtedly the most famous purple cannabis genetics, especially for the song of Jimmy Hendrix, but also for its outstanding quality. Very cerebral effect, dense smoke like few others, sweet taste, incense and full of nuances, and this version adapted to indoor cultivation. A variety like Moby Dick had to have its purple version, but not just any old one, it has to have the same qualities that made the great white whale of Dinafem famous, but with purple tones, and here it is.
- Purple Paro Valley: You didn’t know any cannabis plants from Bhutan, did you? Well, this is Purple Paro Valley, from the valley that gives it its name. A plant with a very sweet taste, more than acceptable production, and impressive purple colors.
Best Purple autoflowering varieties
Autoflowering strains are among the best-selling marijuana seeds, because you can grow them anywhere and practically anytime. Also, they are the easiest to grow, go unnoticed, and in this case have the most striking colors you can imagine.
- Blueberry Auto: The Blueberry auto variety can acquire colors during its flowering and maturation ranging from red to black through virtually all shades of blue, and of course, purple as well. Fruity and earthy flavor, great yield of buds and high resistance. One of the first autoflowering females with dark tones. Created by Pyramid seeds, it is a quite compact and discreet plant, which develops very fast, and in flowering it gives off a deep sweet and fruity aroma, you will like it. Automatic version of one of the varieties of the moment. It seems that the team at Barney’s Farm has done a great job, because the Purple Punch Auto seems to have inherited the most remarkable traits of the original plant.
- Buddha Purple Kush Auto: Great work by Buddha Seeds with the Pakistan Chitral Kush to make it autoflowering maintaining its poise, aroma, effect, and its intense colors. From this line all the red line by sweet seeds came out, so you can get an idea of its importance.
CBD-rich and purple varieties
Over the past few years we’ve seen many cannabidiol-rich strains come on the market. However, there are still not many strains with high levels of CBD, but if this is what you are looking for don’t worry, here you can see some of them:
The most extensive, expensive and laborious breeding work that the Dinafem seed bank has done to date. More than 500 duly labelled plant analyses were required to stabilise this purple, tasty, medicinal and very resinous strain.
- Purplediol Auto CBD: Must be the pinnacle of cannabis breeding, as this genetics is 100% stable throughout, feminized, autoflowering, rich in CBD, purple. Another great creation of Elite Seeds, a seed bank expert in minority cannabinoids. Dinafem specialized in feminized varieties with high CBD values. Now it is also obtaining seeds of plants which produce very little THC, and among these the Dinamed Kush CBD Auto stands out for its tonalities and its Kush taste. Royal Queen Seeds also presented its own autoflowering purple and rich in cannabidiol seeds. These are special seeds for novice growers who want medical purple cannabis, as they are really easy to grow and will get good results.
Curious facts about Purple cannabis
The color purple, red, blue, violet, etc. is due to the anthocyanins, which are water-soluble pigments belonging to the flavonoid group. The plant produces them for different reasons, the most common being cold, since anthocyanins protect plants against frost.
In the varieties that come out green and others of dark tones, the green phenotype is usually more powerful, but the dark one is usually tastier, and this can be related to the previous point, since the flavonoids are also responsible for the aroma and flavor.
In the ’60s and ’70s, purple weed was in high demand and was very well priced. Back then it was a peculiarity and the dark colors in cannabis buds were synonymous with exclusivity. Now there are many varieties available, but it is still highly valued, so choose well and enjoy your purple smoke.
Purple marijuana seeds for sale
These are just a few suggestions for different versions of purple cannabis plants. But in Pevgrow you’ll find whatever you’re looking for, and at the best price on the market, so don’t wait any longer and take whatever you want.
Leave us your opinion or ask us any questions you have about this category and participate in the draw!
Among all of you who comment or send us your questions there will be a bimonthly draw for a 50 euros voucher to buy in Pevgrow. What are you waiting for? Write now and participate!